About Me

My photo
Young and wild. Sane and grounded. Im a firecracker, but one of the most collected people at the same time. I'm direct, so forgive me for not sugar coating what I have to say. If it shouldn't be said, I probably won't say it. But that doesn't mean I won't want to. I'm not perfect, please forgive me, and tell me if you're offended. I may or may not care.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First Lessons, and How my Hottie's doing...

1st matter of business:
Corelli is doing FABULOUS! with Ms. Lauren. He's stretching beautifully into contact at the walk and trot, and reaching through into good (Training level/BN level) contact at the trot and canter. His transitions are getting nicer and nicer. I'm very proud. Lucky to have such a malleable and sweet boy. He loves to please, and he absolutely loves his job.

2nd matter of business:
I had my first lesson with Lauren last Friday. Considering I hadn't had a lesson in 2 months, and had only been riding on weekends, I was a tad nervous to see howit was to go. To add pressure, my awesome boyfriend was there to see me ride (for his first time). We first watched my boy go, with Lauren aboard. I explained everything I could and answered all his questions, and then I went to go tack up Lauren's mare, Bigtime Grafitti. Grafitti is this beautiful Perch/Paint cross. In pictures, she looks like she's 16.3.... in reality, she's about 15.1. I was a little surprised, but I never doubt a horse because of their size. I'd seen this girl in video and pictures, and was hoping I would be able to put her together some-what well.

In short, the ride went really really well. For being out of the "feel" for so long, I got it back by the end, and learned a lot about my body that I wasn't aware of as I rode. I twist to the left. BAD. and I love to drop my hands and "open" my rein instead of pulling it to my hip.
I was able to get Grafitti through herself and moving up and forward very well, and I was glad I hadn't turned into complete pudding for a rider. I'm excited for another lesson. (:

I'm off to volunteer at Poplar this weekend.... Hopefully I'll get to see some old (and new!) friends!!!

oh, the victories!

No comments:

Post a Comment