About Me

My photo
Young and wild. Sane and grounded. Im a firecracker, but one of the most collected people at the same time. I'm direct, so forgive me for not sugar coating what I have to say. If it shouldn't be said, I probably won't say it. But that doesn't mean I won't want to. I'm not perfect, please forgive me, and tell me if you're offended. I may or may not care.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Decisions, Decisions....

Decisions to be made. And I need to write them down. and this is my public chronicle/journal of everything horse. so...

OPTIONS.

1) continue training with Lauren at expensive barn for another month (March)

PROs: good jumping training, more solidifying dressage work, I'd get to ride with an old friend, and more prof. under-saddle training increases his re-sale price

CONs: money. it's expensive (though the facility and training is 100% worth it). if i do this, I may not get to be able to do other options. and that could be more detrimental

2) move Corelli back "home" and buy a trailer

PROs: freedom of being able to go anywhere when we need/want to. i'd be able to XC school lots, go to shows on my own (thus more shows), trailer out to lessons with Lauren (and other great trainers), all the good stuff. oh, and go to the vet if need be (knock on wood). also, with our history of loading issues, once i got him accustom to this one trailer, I wouldn't have to worry whether he'll ever make it to point B

CONs: maintenance (on truck AND trailer), money... always the money!

3) spend 1 more month with Lauren AND buy a trailer (in my dreams!!)

PROs: combine both PROs from previous options...

CONs: combine all the CONs too.... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ out of my ears...

What am I leaning towards? trailer. for sure....

and then there's the whole issue of work. which is a different beast to be tamed... more later...

looking for victories...

No comments:

Post a Comment